The first step is consignment creation.
Consignment creation can be performed using multiple methods:
Ensure that consignments are created as pickups if they require a driver to come and collect freight from the consignment sender or as a delivery if they only require a driver to deliver to end receiver (general assumption here is that these connotes will be brought to your depot for you so you can simply do the delivery leg).
Step 2 - Assignment
This step involves the assignment of the consignment to a driver for action.
The way in which this is performed depends on whether the consignment is in a pickup or delivery state.
All new pickups that are created in an account with show in the Pickup Allocation page. Click here
for more information on how to use this page to assign pickups to drivers.
Assigning to a driver means the pickup will display on their mobile device.
The standard assignment method used here is for drivers to load scan items/connotes they are planning to deliver - doing so assigns the connote to them as a delivery. Click here
for further information assignment via Load Scanning.
Step 3 - Pickup/Delivery
This step involves the completion of a pickup or delivery.
Once a pickup has been assigned to a driver, it will display on that driver's mobile device. Click here
for further information on pickup completion.
For review, the advised process steps for pickups are:
- pickup assigned to driver.
- driver obtains a pickup signature.
- Before departing pickup location, driver goes to scan page of app, selects scan type Picked Up and scans all collected items which then adds scan date/time to connote history in the web portal (allowing for greater visibility on what was actually picked up).
- Driver then brings collected freight back to depot where items are depot scanned = driver or operational staff go to scan page of app and select scan type Depot In and then scans each item arriving in depot. Doing this then provides greater visibility/tracking on when each item arrived at a depot location.
- Pickup now complete and freight ready for return to sender or delivery processing.
Once a consignment has been assigned to a driver via load scan, it will appear on that user's mobile application in the load page with a tick against it, indicating the driver is going to be delivering this freight with their run today. Click here
for further information on delivery completion following Leave Depot.
For review, the advised process steps for deliveries are:
- Freight arrives in depot and is scanned Depot In by driver or operational staff.
- Freight is then load scanned by driver that will be delivering the consignment. Once all freight loaded, driver clicks Leave Depot.
- Driver arrives at delivery location and performs At Location scans.
- Driver then obtains signature and POD for consignment.
- Delivery now complete.
It is important to note that Depot scanning is recommended any time freight arrives at your depot.
This means when a pickup has been performed and collected freight is brought back to your depot, do Depot Scanning on collected items at this point.
Also, as soon as delivery type consignments arrive at your depot, scan these Depot In.
Depot scanning allows both you and your customers greater visibility on what items (for each consignment) have arrived at your depot prior to delivery processing and completion.