This article will detail the standard advised process for Freight Manager businesses to ensure that consignments are created and picked up/delivered effectively within TransVirtual.
Step 1 - Consignment Creation
The first step is consignment creation.
For Freight Managers, consignment creation is typically done by customers (manually) within the consignment creation page of TransVirtual.Click here
for further info on what this looks like.
Step 2 - Assignment
This step involves the assignment of consignments to an agent for pickup or delivery.
It is important to note that, provided your rate cards and agent card files are setup correctly, assignment to an agent will occur on consignment creation as the price selected links to an agent rate card that has an agent attached to it.
On the back of the assignment to the agent, Consignment EDI Exports will need to be configured to export the consignment data to the agent's system (if not using TransVirtual); or your account will need to be linked to your agent's TransVirtual account so that the consignment data can reach their account - click here
for further information on this.
Step 3 - Pickup/Delivery Completion
Once a consignment has been assigned and the data has exported to the agent, the agent will then action the consignment and send back a pickup or delivery completion event (depending on consignment state), which will complete the consignment component that you assigned them.
If the agent uses a system other than TransVirtual, EDI Import rules for Status Updates, PODs and Scan information would need to be configured to receive the data and update (complete) the applicable consignment. This can be complex in some scenarios - best to contact email@example.com
for assistance with this (forms an integration setup request).
For review, these are the standard steps involved in this process:
- Consignment created by customer who selects an available price which assigns the consignment to the relevant agent (as a pickup or delivery depending on created type; generally, these types of consignments are pickups, but not always).
- Consignment EDI Export rules are configured to send the connote data (for connotes assigned to an agent) across to the agent's system (if not using TransVirtual) OR your account is linked with another TransVirtual user meaning when connotes are assigned to them, they are replicated within their TransVirtual account.
- The assigned agent sends back pickup or delivery completion events which updates the relevant consignment in your account.
- For connotes created as pickups, after pickup completion you will need to assign the consignment to an agent for delivery. This can be done in two methods; assigning manually via the history tab of a consignment or the Allocation Page (this page can be set to show pickups and deliveries) OR via Auto-Assignment rules (agent then sends back delivery completion events for any deliveries they perform for you).
- Consignment is now complete.
Important to Note
If you do work with agents/suppliers that DO NOT
use TransVirtual, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance with setting up export and import rules to ensure consignment data is updated appropriately.
If you do work with an agent/supplier that DOES
use TransVirtual, please click here
for help with linking your account to theirs. Account linking requires no EDI Export or Import rules; the main requirement is assignment to the agent which can be done manually or via auto-assignment rules as per above - if not done on consignment creation (assignment to a linked agent copies the consignment into their account; when they complete the pickup or delivery this information flows back and updates the consignment in your account).
Make sure you ask the agent for their TransVirtual number and also ensure that you enable account link notifications against your staff card to ensure you see any incoming link requests!
Finance Setup for Freight Managers
TransVirtual offers users the ability to price and invoice consignments within their account to assist with tracking business income and cost. This article will detail the standard advised setup process for Freight Manager businesses to ensure all ...
Consignment Creation, Load and Delivery Process for Agents
This article will detail the standard advised process for Agent/'Last Mile' businesses to ensure that consignments are created and picked up/delivered effectively within TransVirtual. Step 1 - Consignment Creation The first step is consignment ...
How to Create Consignments Refer the below steps to create a consignment(s). In the TransVirtual Web Portal, click on Transport > Operational Tasks > Consignment, consignment page will open, now click on the Create Consignments button, the ...
Consignment Details Consignment details tab helps to see/edit the basic details related to the consignment. 1. To see the consignment details tab, on TransVirtual web portal, go to Transport > Consignment, the consignment page will open as shown ...
Overview The dashboard is a customisable overview of your operations, it gives an overview of your account activity. The Dashboard consists of the following major components: Navigation Menu Links to the functions within the TransVirtual Web Portal. ...