Best Process for Scanning Cages and adding freight to a Linehaul manifest/run
This article will explain the process involved in using floor scans to create scan manifests, which can then be Linehaul Manifested. This may be handy if you and your team use Cages to place freight into, which is then Linehauled Out.
1. The best place to start this process is by setting up your floor locations that will represent Cages.
The Floor locations are defined by what is setup in your Route/Scan/Agent Zone List:
Settings > General > Global Setup
From here, find this zone list in your Zone List Directory (Settings > Lists and Zones > Zone List Directory):
Click the edit icon next to each zone and setup the floor location names. Ensure that if more than one, these are separated by a comma.
2. Once you have your Floor Locations setup, the next thing to do is to scan all appropriate freight and sort into the relevant Floor Location/Cage.
Everything belonging to Cage 1/Floor Location 1 should be scanned with a Floor scan and a location of 1.
Once all the scanning has been done for each cage, you need to ensure you create a manifest for each floor location/cage; use the settings button top-right of scan page to create a manifest.
3. Once the manifest has been created it will appear in TransVirtual:
4. From here, use the Linehaul Controller to create a new Linehaul Route, where you can add vehicle and trailer details and the agent assigned to this route:
Linehaul Controller is located under Home > Manifests > Linehaul Controller.
Add the appropriate details and then click Create.
Once you do this, you can now use a manifest number to add to add the consignments on that manifest to a Linehaul route and thus a Linehaul Manifest:
Note: You may get the above error message stating that no matching consignment number has been found. However; if you look at the Scanned to Linehaul Route section you will see that the consignments on the manifest you have added are actually now a part of this route.
5. The next step is to close/depart the route which will then create the Linehaul Manifest:
Linehaul Manifests are located under Home > Manifests > Linehaul Manifests.